Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Weis Quickie Yesterday

The sales ad was ending tonight so I made a quick trip to Weis to get 2 more whole chickens for .87¢ lb. as we never see a price that low on fresh whole chickens.
While there I picked up a few other things--more Jiffy mix, spaghetti sauce, bakery bread, a discounted meat and a cuke.  Everything I bought was at least on sale........



2 x whole Chickens=$9.67
2 x FR spaghetti sauce=$1.94
2 x Jif cornbread mix=$1.20
1 x cucumber=$1.00
1 x sourdough bread 50% off=$1.69
1.27 lb. 85% ground beef w/$3 discount sticker=$4.23
Sub Total..........$19.73

I have 2 Weis Qs to use---
.25¢/1 cuke=.25¢
.75¢/1lb. ground beef=.75¢(beef came out to $2.74 lb. after all the discounts)

$1.00 total in Qs brought my total down to $18.73
(There was no tax on anything I bought.)

I used that free $10 Weis gift card I received for that disaster transaction/cashier event earlier in the month so I paid $8.73 OOP for all this.

$38.44 worth of regular retail items.
Saved $19.71 for a 51% savings rate............



But since the gift card was FREE I saved $29.71on this order, or a savings rate of 77.29%!  8-)


New sales ad starts today at Weis so what's on my list to Buy this week, you ask?

Definitely cottage cheese(Weis brand)at $1.99 a container, 1 box of San Giorgio pasta for .67¢(as I have a .25¢ Weis Q to use for it making the price .42¢), perhaps some Hunt's tomato products if the Buy One, Get Two Free sale makes them a low price(and if I can find some Qs for them mores the better!)and a container of Half & Half for $1.99.
That's what is planned but you never know what kind of meat/produce/bakery specials will turn up when I am at the store that will loosen my grip on the wallet.  ;-)


Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.