Monday, March 27, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Feeling Rich" Edition--



This is one of the rings I inherited from my mother.  She had a thing for bling, didn't she?
What do you think?.....Should I wear this out to Rite-Aid and Weis(PMITA)Markets the next time I am running errands?
What about my tiara?  Or would both be too much? ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Leftovers/Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Chicken and Mushrooms in Wine, Asparagus, Rice*
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Leftovers/Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Coq au Vin(sort of), Asparagus, Leftover Taters*
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers

6 meals cooked at home, 4 of them a night of leftovers or Fend For Yourself, and 1 night of eating-out/take-out.
The spaghetti and meatballs didn't happen as we had so much in leftovers.

As for the grocery spending.....1 small trip to Weis, a trip to the Bread Outlet and a stop for just milk brought the food spending last week to $12.70. I used $22 in gift cards so it would have been $34.70 without the gift cards. This brought my March food spending total to $245.84.(Food spending would be $370.84 for the month so far, w/out that gift card).  There are 4 days left in the month.

My savings percentages last week was 84.83%. (Would have been 59.75% without using free gift cards.)

Leftovers going into this week.......1 slice Meatloaf, Corned Beef, Cabbage and Carrots, Irish Stew, 1 helping of Cole Slaw, Brussels Sprouts, Shrimp and Chili.
And a serving bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
We don't seem to have made much of a dent in the leftovers last week though I swear we ate leftovers! lolz

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad *
2. Monday--Reuben Sandwiches(should finish up the corned beef)
3. Tuesday--Haddock, Cole Slaw, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, leftover cooked Carrots and Cabbage
6. Friday--Leftovers or Pizza in Freezer
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 3 new meals cooked(4 if you count the sandwiches using leftover corned beef), 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 3 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu?  More Rye bread unless I can talk the family into having their Reubens on pumpernickel which I bought last week.  I got chicken cutlets last week, meatballs are in the freezer, I have spaghetti and sauce ingredients here already, as well as salad fixings, asparagus, haddock(also bought last week)and part of a head of cabbage and a raw carrot to make cole slaw.
After this week's menu we should be out of fresh produce and will restock on April's dime.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful ring. Do wear the tiara, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wear it to the grocery store!!! A girl has gotta live a little, doesn't she :) I avoided takeout Saturday night as hubby was leaning towards that since we worked all weekend, I vetoed it and made Chicken chow mein instead from scratch. Hubby then made marinated shrimp on Sunday. Today, stew unthawed that I made several weeks ago and some rolls. Tomorrow fried rice (made too much rice last night's meal) and some kind of meat/veggies. Although we don't menu plan our meals are generally made from what is in the fridge/freezer as I hate running to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wear it with my tiara too the grocery store after all you are the queen of the rite-aid world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to go to the grocery store just once a week now. I'm buying more multiples of sale items than I did before. The spending seems to be the same so far, but at least I'm not running there every other day like I was before. I'm trying to buy more leftover meat items from work too which helps make at least one, sometimes two dinners a week. Wear the tiara to Weis. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to one of my good friends who absolutely loves bling, there is no such thing as too much. So pony up to the counter at Rite Aid wearing a tiara, cocktail ring, and hopefully a sequined top. I suppose metallic jeweled sandals would be a nice tough also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went out to eat Friday night, but Saturday ended up being me home alone so I just had cereal. DH used his "spending money" for his dinner with friend. Last night was home made hamburgers and tonight is tuna casserole (that I froze half last time I made it). Just thaw and cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say wear the ring....it's no good to you if it sits in a drawer......
    I have a "tennis bracelet" and I wear it every where, even when I'm digging in the garden....I figure, my hubby was kind enough to give it to me, then I should wear it....... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, wear the ring everywhere. It is so pretty, I just inherited my grandmothers diamond wedding band and would wear it every day but the band is too thin right now. I am going to have it reinforced and then wear it every day kike she did. The best part is she still had the original box, it is white and ornate. I am going to see if the jewelers can clean it too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.