Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Net Worth.....May 1st Update


We are up over $13k from the April 1st net worth overall(only liquid cash/investments/bonds, as I don't count housing or car values).  The retirement accounts were up over $9K for May 1st 2017 from the April 1st 2017 calculations and the cash reserve/non-retirement accounts were up almost $4K.
Most of that cash reserve/non-retirement accounts earnings was regular pay and a federal tax refund.

We are up $96,891.24 from one year ago, from the May 1st of 2016's net worth snapshot.
I know those of you paying off debt dread interest rates going up but those of us trying to grow our savings and are too close to retirement age(or retired)to risk a lot of it in the stock market, so we hunger for interest rates to climb.  They have been artificially depressed for soooo many years by those in charge and our federal government that it's almost impossible for regular people who are saving to get ahead of the inflation rate.  This is a travesty!
But I digress.....

We are still in acquisition mode and Hubs still has a good income.  We continue to live well below our means and sock away as much cash as we can for retirement.  Luckily in April we didn't have any big money emergencies as I try to be proactive in looking ahead for problems to avoid them.

Life happens and is expensive so save as much as you can for those rainy days no matter your age or how close/far away you are from retirement.

Did you increase your net worth last month?
Do you have a retirement plan in place?

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Okay, what is going on? No new post for several days. Are you okay? I have been so busy I am going nuts,what are you up to?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.