Friday, October 6, 2017

Frugal Friday.....October 6th Edition



Here's a few things I did that were frugal this past week...........

*  Most of my frugal wins were in the shopping area this week.

I went to Aldi's and found these brats on clearance for .99¢ a pack........


Uncured, no nitrites.

I picked up my e-coupon freebie at the Shursave market too........

A jar of spaghetti sauce for free.

Remember that $3 OYNO Catalina from buying 3 boxes of tea 2 weeks ago?
I used it to get 2 packages of shredded cheese.......


$5.98 reg. retail worth of cheese on sale for $2 each meant I spent $1 OOP for all this cheese($4-$3Cat=$1).

I hit Big Lots on Sunday for their last 20% off Sale for the year(they never do one close to Christmas).
Three things I broke down and bought where toilet paper, paper towels and pasta.
I know I said these were off the "to buy" list at least until 2018 but I caved.  I did however only buy 2 large packs of each paper product.
Plus I miscalculated on the pasta.  After double checking our stock it seems we were fresh out of shells and elbows but good on spaghetti, rigatoni and fettuccine.

So I found 2 lb. bags of shells and elbows for $1.60 each, marked down to $1.28 each for the 20% off Sale.  That comes out to .64¢ per lb. which is lower than any sale at the grocery stores I can find.


I also picked up canned tuna(.68¢), minced garlic(.80¢), canned clams for chowder($1), a big bag of Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats($3.60), 2 lbs. brown rice($1.12), canned corn(.52¢), black olives(.80¢).
I also picked up a Xmas stocking stuffer for $2.

*  Hubs wanted fast food for lunch one day so I gave him a "paid for last year" gift card to Wendy's to use.

*  Sold another thing that was heading for Sallie's.........

A portable dvd player Hubs was getting rid of.  He only used it a few times(except for the headphones which he used a lot and broke).
$20 to add to the envelope and one more thing we don't use gone.

*  And another trunk load of stuff went off to Sallie's this week.

That's about it for this past week.
Did you have any frugal wins lately?

Sluggy




6 comments:

  1. Wow! You can find bargains EVERYWHERE! I heard they were shutting down a bunch of the CVS's and I thought of you... But you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a week of going no where that required money with the exception of a produce run. So I guess I was frugal via circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good buys, but I expect no less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a big ass (15 pound) turkey for Thanksgiving this weekend for .97 a pound which in Canada is usually only utility turkey pricing and this was grade A. We are having friends over so a bigger one than normal was necessary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The One Pot Spaghetti recipe was a big hit and lasted the 2 of us for several meals. I also made Greek Lentil soup and there's still 1 serving left. So I really stretched the food this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than free lunch and breakfasts for a two day conference, no real bargains. I salvaged my over salted bean burgers-so that was a win, but not new deal. I was disappointed Aldi didn't still have the $1.99 Italian sausage-5, or 1 pound package. They were such a hit this summer at the lake, and any leftovers were sliced for red beans and rice. They still were under $3, but it was the deal I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.