Saturday, October 14, 2017

I'm Going to Be a Mom Again!

A doggie mom that is!
Sorry if I gave anyone a little heart attack with that title. lolz

We've been contemplating on this for months now(since about March)and searching for a good canine fit.
And we finally found one.


This photo is from when he was a younger puppy.

His name is Chester and he's a 6 months old long haired Chihuahua.
He's breeder raised, ACA registered and is a sturdy little guy with real personality.
Now I get to potty train a puppy(something I've never done before as all 7 of the dogs we've owned over the years have been gotten as adult dogs already).  This is our first "not a rescue" dog.
I tried to wait to get a shelter pet but around here it's mainly pitt bull mixes and a few beagles(strays).  The only Chihuahuas we can find are senior and I want a dog(unless they have some birth defect)who will be around awhile(we've done the Senior rescue pet twice before).

There is my Daughter's dog to consider but she's pretty laid back and she was raised with cats so we think she'll just think Chester is a new cat due to his size.....until he starts humping her leg. lolz
There also was a Pomeranian we considered but having been 'Hua parents before we felt more comfortable with a 'Hua.

More photos to come after we pick him up next week. 8-)

Sluggy

18 comments:

  1. Chester is adorable! I really like the long-haired 'Huas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog.
    Would love to win your bloggy box of goodies.

    merlinsfamily@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the other dog in the house was with pups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! He has such an earnest look on his face! Enjoy your new addition! :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Having potty trained Zoey, I can highly recommend using a crate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever seen a long-haired one before - very cute! Being a cat owner I have NO suggestions for potty training but sure you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that title shocked the heck out of me. Chester is adorable.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new dog is certainly handsome. We once had a pet goat on our farm named Chester. He became mean to the kids (human ones) and we had to find a new home for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so adorable! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww he is a doll. Except for coloring he looks like out 1 1/2 year old chihuahua. You have to really concentrate your efforts on potty training, they are very smart but very stubborn. Your going to have a wonderful time with him, our Zoe is our 1st small dog and she is just amazing. I love the deerheads, they are the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.