Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Food & Toiletries Spending.....April Update

Onward to April's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for APRIL 2018.

I have posted April's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in April.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3-5(4 at home this month). No "kids" under 22.

*****************
BIG LOTS
OOP  $30.96
Value  $66.56
Savings  53.49%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $7.00
Value  $24.14
Savings  71%

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $3.00
Value  $7.57
Savings  60.37%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $54.65
Value  $85.62
Savings  36.17%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PP/BC  $577.57
Value  $577.57
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE
OOP  $1.28
Qs/Ads  $1.21
Value  $2.49
Savings  48.59%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $263.81
Qs/Ads  $410.68
Value  $674.49
Savings  60.89%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet  at 71% and Weis at 60.89%.  My worst savings rate was from Maine Source at 36.17%.

I shopped at 7 different stores this past month.  

TOTAL Out of Pocket..........$360.70
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales...$500.17
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$860.87
TOTAL Savings of ................................58.10%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for Apr.....$360.70
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1438.43
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.........$1077.73
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items........74.92%

This closes out the April food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I kept it under $400 for April.
Go me..... ;-)

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 2.59% in April 2018 to 74.92% compared to March's 72.33% savings average.
The free stuff from Rite-Aid skewers my averages but without R-A I am at 58.10% savings.  So even without R-A we are doing well on the savings front.

With 4 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $1622.42 on food/toiletries in 2018 which is a 75.81savings rate for the year so far and averages out to $405.61 spent per month in 2018.  Last month the average monthly spending was over $420 so we are heading down toward that magic amount of $400 per month.


LOOKING AHEAD To May.......
Keeping with that $400 food budget for May.  Maybe I'll do a bit better, maybe I won't.  ;-)
I'll continue to stock up on great deals on cheese, meats and frozen veggies but the canned/boxed pantry goods are good so maybe I'll hold off if anything comes up in that realm.  We do have company coming mid May so I will be spending a bit more for a meal for them.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in April?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Good job in keeping your budget under $400 for April. That is a great accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluggy, this is the time of year to stock up on BBQ items including lots of condiments, baked beans, pasta and pasta salad mixes, etc. The cheapest all year, so grab some extra mayo/mustard/ketchup to last until next May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent about the same as you, just under $400. I have about $300 that I can still roll over for the year because I did a pantry challenge in January. I have spent $1372 for the year so far. $400 a month for the year is my goal.
    We eat great. I would rather have good home cooked meals then take-out any day. I am always looking for ways to save on our groceries.
    I am looking at Memorial day sales this month. I am hopping for cheap steaks since I am almost out. Condiments always go on sale in May too. I will use some of my surplus if I find amazing deals on meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came in way under budget for April, which is nice. I have weekend guest 2 different weekends in May so the April food savings will most likely be absorbed in the May budget. Thankfully TheHub does not complain when I serve marginal meals. We will continue to eat out of the freezer as long as I have something to make regrettable meals from. (Company weekends excepted. I would not want them to know how we really live!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping for a some good meat sales! Also, gonna pick up some condiments as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.